If there is one thing i have observed about Chevy Cruze owners, it has to be the apparent love of their cars.And who would fault them, since the Chevy Cruze is easily one of the most eye-pleasing saloon cars one is likely to see on our roads.Anyway, before i proceed to tell you about the one important thing all Chevy Cruze must know about their cars, let me first whet your appetite with some background on the Chevy Cruze –which might have contributed to its rise in popularity in Ghana in the last 3 years.
- The Chevy Cruze is a world car made by General Motors, the American car company.The car has proven to be a hit in the US and also in the Asian markets.
- In Ghana, the Chevy Cruze has become one of the most popular saloon cars on our roads in Accra and other major cities.In 2015, the Chevy Cruze sold like hot cakes on the used car markets in Accra and Kumasi .
- This development could be attributed to the relatively low resale value of General Motors vehicles on the auto salvage markets as compared to Toyota, Honda and the emerging Korean brands–Hyundai and Kia.For the individuals who were attracted to the Cruze by its good looks, they would be glad to know that the Cruze shares its basic front-wheel drive GM chassis design with the Opel/ Vauxhall Astra, a fine handling and riding C-segment car.
- Additionally, the US and Canadian version of the Chevrolet Cruze utilizes a more advanced Watts Z-link rear suspension from the Opel Astra (J).
- In the American-spec Chevy Cruze, both the 1.8-liter and the turbocharged 1.4-liter engines are offered, coupled with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.The base model Cruze LS is equipped with the 1.8-liter gasoline engine and comes with air-conditioning and power locks whiles the higher-level LT and LTZ models is fitted with the 1.4-liter turbocharged gasoline engine
Now to the 1 IMPORTANT thing to know about the Chevy Cruze:
If you own a 2011 or newer GM vehicle[CHEVY CRUZE included} you must use an engine oil that meets GM’s dexos specifications to maintain that vehicle’s warranty.
Simply put, any engine oil that does not meet GM’s dexos specifications is not recommended for your Chevy Cruze. And that begs the question, where can i find an engine oil that meets dexos specifications. No conventional motor oil(regular oil) can meet the extremely strict dexos oil specs, so you will need to use a synthetic blend or full synthetic oil.One additional thing to note is that the viscosity rating of the dexos-approved oil should be 5W-30 for the Chevy Cruze.
Finally, if you would like to give your Chevy Cruze the best oil as recommended by GM, but find all this oil talk confusing, please don’t hesistate to contact us on https://www.facebook.com/nofugazi/